Date: Saturday 8 June 2019
Time: 13:45 assembly, for 15:00 departure
Location: North Carriage Drive near Marble Arch
Hyde Park gets overcrowded so our advice is – you might prefer the other central London starts.
We will meet in Hyde Park near Marble Arch on North Carriage Drive. Meet in the trees north of North Carriage Drive near Marble Arch (51°30’45.2″N 0°09’46.6″W) from 13:45; on your bikes at 14:45 and riding off at 15:00. See Facebook event for info.
- The red line is just for our group.
- The blue line is the merged route for all the northern start points.
- The green line is the merged route for all start points.
- 13:45 Assemble.
- 14:40 Remove clothing. (You should keep your clothes on before this.)
- 14:45 Line up ready to depart – first bikes leave
- 15:00 Depart (last bike leaves)
- 15:30 Meet the group who started in Regents Park at Piccadilly Circus.
- 15:45 Meet the groups who started at Clapham Junction, Deptford and Tower Hill on Westminster Bridge.
- 17:30 Finish at Wellington Arch.
We hope to have time for bodypainting at Hyde Park this year, subject to the agreement of the Royal Parks.
We also encourage riders to buy some body paints for themselves and get painted up before they come to the ride.
A list of suitable slogans can be found here if you can’t think of your own – Slogans
Photographers can be a problem at the ride start especially while body painting is taking place. If you notice photographers crowding around someone who is being painted, please politely enquire whether the subject of the photograph is happy to be photographed. If they aren’t happy being photographed, please ask the photographers to stop, and consider standing between the photographers and subject (in a polite but assertive manner).
Please don’t photograph riders who are being painted. Wait till they are fully painted and then ask if they are happy to be photographed. Better still, please photograph the riders during the ride!
The toilets at Marble Arch may be closed – tbc. There are toilet facilities inside Hyde Park and in a few local restaurants, but you may find a big queue there. If you undress before the ride starts, please don’t leave the assembly area; specifically, don’t walk into McDonalds (or any other building) naked! If you do it on any other day of the year then that’s up to you, but on the day of the ride your behaviour will reflect on everyone else.